Friday, December 28, 2007

His Dark Materials

Just finished Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy and I must say I am still confused about dust!! :( Anyway, I know why some disapprove of the Golden Compass movie. As in the books, there was no mention of god... in fact, the "person" who called himself "the Authority" or god of the universe was actually an angel. since dusts attract each other and matter attract dusts... something along these lines I think... the first angel was formed and he decided to be god and lord over the other angels and people by setting up churches like the Magisterium in each universe.

Anyway... In the end, Mrs Coulter was sort of a good
person as she sacrificed her life (together with Lord Asrial) to kill the angel "the Authority" passed his authority to, so as to allow her daughter, Lyra - Eve, to have the chance to be or not to be tempted, to overthrow "the Authority" and win the war... sounds confusing?? just read the books!!

No comments: